Sunday, October 24, 2010

I am glad for many things

I have planned to update for a while and today I decided to stop the guilt.
We took Marshall to court way back in June, just days before moving from Ann Arbor. We were able to have him signed over from the state's care into our family officially. Our family was put to ease in court when the judge came in and said, "Is that Gabe Wilson?!" Apparently she had met Gabe when he'd been helping her son as a reading buddy at Northside Elementary.



On June 30th, the day after we arrived in Utah, we took Marshall to the temple with our whole family to be sealed.


It was a special treat to have all of our children there and of course I cried. Marshall was asleep through most of it, but we know he feels like a special member of our family.

4 comments:

mama bear said...

Wow, I put your blog on my google reader so long ago and it finally came up on my list!! Thanks for the update, it is fun to see your growing family. What a neat experience to have your family sealed in the temple, and Marshall is such a little cutie pie! How are you guys these days? Are you living in Utah now?

amydear said...

Yeah! Everyone is so cute. Jillian was just asking me how old Cora and Esther were. I said 5. But that sounds way too old. Congrats on the sealing. How wonderful for you all and for Marshall.

Leslie said...

Em what a great family picture! so happy for you guys! WE MISS YOU!!

Angie said...

wow! The kids are so big now! I haven't blogged in a year and I'm shocked to see everyone's families. We should try to plan another get together since I couldn't come to the last one. How are you?